CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer Bucket List





Summer is officially here.  Well actually my last day was Thursday but I went in on Friday to do a lot of organizing and throwing away.  I am doing more and more of that every year.  Unfortunately,  I am never the teacher who is packed up and ready to leave the day of post planning.   I like to dust, scrub and cover everything in plastic so that the dust doesn't settle again by August. 

So my summer bucket list has already started.  First I organized my closet.  I threw out all of the shoe boxes that filled the floor and it looks like this:




2. I plan on making lots of these for my own sweet kiddos:

 
 
3.  We won't be traveling to any far away places but will stay close to home and visit Sea World's new Antarctica exhibit.  Love that Florida teachers get a free pass and the Florida Fun Card makes it affordable for our whole family.
 
 
4.  Then I plan on using my mani-pedi gift certificate from one of my little cherubs.   I love these two color from OPI....Barefoot in Barcelona and Lucky Lucky Lavender.
 


 
I know my summer may not sound exciting but I'm so thrilled to just be home and enjoying my quiet cup of coffee at 8ish in the morning instead of 6 AM.  The biggest plus is being at home with my own kids....best part of summer.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some great things planned! I am jealous that your break already started and you can already say that you knocked something off of your summer bucket list! We are almost there...less then a week!

    Love you organized closet that will be one of the first things I do as well!
    Come check out our summer bucket list at Learning to the Core
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two more weeks to go. I can't wait to get to my to do list at home. I'll be excited to spend time with my son and husband. I really love the lavender color.

    I have a giveaway for some educational dvds. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.

    littlelearnersinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! I just had some Pilsbury Cookies!
    Have a great summer!
    8 1/2 days left for me!
    :)
    Tamera
    MyHeartBelongsinFirst
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy,
    I'm jealous that you are already off.. your closet looks great. I love that Barcelona color...so pretty. Enjoy your summer!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got out on Thursday too and you are already harassing me to get a summer "to do" list together. Geez! :) Honestly, I have a long list too. I now have to add "going back to my classroom early" to my list for the end of summer because, unlike you, I didn't clean out or organize anything. I crammed and stuffed and literally used my foot to make things fit on shelves and into cupboards. It's going to be scary when I have to undo what I've done. Love your list! Hope you have a wonderful summer! I'm your newest follower.
    Justin Knight- Writing Pad Dad
    Writing Pad Dad Blog
    r by the way!

    ReplyDelete